Sunday, March 25, 2012

I think I might become obsessed with making popsicles soon.

This Friday was my 31st birthday (thanks).  J spent a lot of time making it really awesome and special.  He made me a yummy coffee and coconut cake.  I had my party at this neat pinball arcade.  

I got a lot of super rad gifts too.  Some wine, yarn, googly eyes, and some really awesome jewelry. I also got the book Crobots.   It is nothing but crochet patterns for making robots.  So radical!





As if making me a cake and throwing me a fantastic party wasn't gift enough, J also took me to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get me a new body pillow (which I am totally in love with).  He also got me these Monster Fun Pops.  Even though it is only March, it has been pretty warm already.  I am hoping we aren't going to have another 100+ degree summer, but just in case, I want to be prepared. What better way than to make your own Popsicles?!? 



    I jumped on Pinterest (nikerbocker on pinterest) and started pinning all kinds of delicious recipes.  Most of them contained alcohol, that I didn't have.  So today J was napping, and I was just chomping at the bit to make some cute Popsicles (I mean come on, look at them!).  I realized I had some coconut milk and Jackfruit in the pantry, and once J pointed out I had coconut flakes in the freezer, I knew I was in business!

My ingredients included:
  • 1 Small can Coconut Milk
  • 1 can Jackfruit (only use about 3 or 4 pieces of the Jackfruit and use the rest for something else)
  • 1/2 C Coconut flakes
  • 1/2 Can of Jackfruit Syrup
  Cut up the Jackfruit in small pieces, and combine with all the above ingredients.  Then I put them into my Monster Pops.

If you have never heard of Jackfruit, I highly suggest it.  I always have to get it at the Asian market.  It's similar to mango, in that it is somewhat fibrous.  It is a lot sweeter than mango though.  That is why I used the syrup in the recipe. Then I wouldn't have to add any extra sugar. 



And now they are sitting comfortably in the freezer, as you can see above.  I can't wait to see how they taste.  And I hope to have a lot more posts as the temps rise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment