Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tea Time! One Person's Obsession with Tea

So in having a little talk about tea on facebook, I decided to really take stock of my tea, and show all the different ones I have.  I tried to take lots of pics.  There are even some of the dogs, mostly Virgil, because he is so helpful whenever you do ANYTHING. 

Almost all my teas!  I discovered 1 tea by the sink I forgot was there, and there were 2 loose leafs in my purse.  So the final count was 23!!                              


A closer look at my stash.
I didn't realize just how much tea I have until I decided to do a blog post about my tea and organized it for pictures.  21 teas made it into the pictures, whoa!  It is clear that I don't need to buy tea for a long, long while.  But I can't help it! 

I even have a couple cold brew teas.  Great for summer. 
In the spring and summer last year when it was sooooo hot all the dang time, I gave these cold brew teas a try.  I wanted to drink cold tea at work, but not just brew hot tea and wait for it to cool.  Some of the cold brew varieties are very weak in color, but not in flavor.  You can also re-brew these about 2 times.  These are good for your cold drink reusable cups. 

These are my top 3 favorite teas. 
Here are my top 3 teas, the ones that I just love and can't live without.  J turned me onto the first one, it is a brown rice green tea.  It has little pieces of popcorns in it.  I found it at the Asian market we frequent.  As you can see, it is a loose leaf tea; it can be re-brewed 2-3 times!  This is what I love so much about tea, how some of them are so cost effective!  Can you re-brew coffee?  I don't think so, but I'm clearly not a big coffee person.  I could be totally wrong. 
My second favorite is my Republic of Tea Hot Apple Cider.  Republic of Tea is a little on the pricey side, this is the only flavor of their brand I have.  But hot apple cider is one of my all time favorite flavors, and it was on sale when I bought it.  I love this tea because it really nails the flavor I am looking for (like you get with the hot apple cider mixes) but it completely sugar free; not even any sugar substitutes. 
The last of my favorites is also another one that J made for and I had to have some of my own.  Jasmine pearl tea is also a cost effective re-brewer!  You can use it 2-3 times per bag.  These are usually sold in loose leaf form (but they are actually little balls, that open up when brewed).  I found mine at World Market, in a tea bag;  they are not very expensive, I think just over 5 dollars for 1 box.  

Virgil, helping as always while I clean up. 



I rarely add anything sweet to my tea, but if I do, I usually just add a little honey. 

I drink my tea very plain usually.  I was never taught or raised to drink milk or cream in my tea.  I just got a new thing of honey yesterday, I found some raw honey that is local-ish (it's from Dallas).  I still feel like its helping with my allergies; I feel less congested. 


How freakin' adorable is my robot tea infuser?  Tea is very popular right now, and I have seen SO many cute infusers online.  I have seen a T-Rex one, one that looks like the Titanic, a rubber duckie one... I could go on and on.  I got this one last year; J and I made an impromptu visit to BookPeople and they had one.  There was no way I could walk out of that store with out bringing this guy home!



There are also much simpler and cheaper ways to brew your loose leaf tea.  I keep the first one, my "travel infuser" in my purse 24/7.  Yes, this is how much of a tea dork I am.  This is the only way I can make sure that I can have some kind of tea anytime.  Mostly though, so I can make tea at work. 
I keep the ball around because I am not the only one who likes tea around this house, so sometimes J will need to make loose leaf the same time I do. 
I found these nifty bags on a trip to the Asian market once.  I don't use them as much since I found the infuser I use in my purse.  But they are very handy. 





I can't help but add adorable pics of my puppies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment